We are going to the Happiest Place on Earth people! This decision did not come lightly. The whole Pettingill family is going, but we weren't planning on going. We spent our vacation money on a new master bath... and main bath. (Which, by the way, is STILL another post all together.) Jason finally decided we could go after Brendan started talking about wanting to go to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. He LOVES animals. We play
Zoo Tycoon all.the.dang.time. We go to our local sad-rendition-of-a-zoo zoo all the time. He could give you the guided tour all by himself, that is how much we go. So, back to Brendan talking about it. It was kind of random that he even brought it up because we never talked about it, and the rest of the family never mentioned to him either. So Jason told him that when Addison was 2 or 3 we would go. To Brendan, that meant tomorrow. He was so excited that we were going to the REAL zoo tomorrow. He wanted to invite everyone he knew. So he did. Has he asked you yet? Would you like to come? He went over and told Grandma Joyce of our plan- so she thought we had changed our minds about going. Grandma Joyce then proceeded to tell him that all of his cousins would be there and that we were going to Disneyland too. So she called me all excited and I had to explain to her the situation. Well, now the
doors flood gates have opened and Jason and I had a serious discussion about the real probability of going. So, there you have it in a nutshell.
Brendan and I had to make this countdown chain to curtail the hourly question of "How many more days until we go to California?" and "I need to pack today because we are going tomorrow." Somewhere on this chain is marked for Brendan's 6th birthday. If I can make it to the day we leave I am going to treat myself to a hot dog inside Disneyland. Because that's the same price as dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House, only not as tasty.
Carlye, thank you for the idea.
You are very welcome!
ReplyDeleteDisneyland is very baby friendly. You guys will all have a blast! Have you ever taken a baby there? It's not too bad.
Mandy - I ABSOLUTELY LOVE reading your blog! I sit at work sometimes and just quickly read what major event is happening in your life. Have fun in Disneyland, you guys are good parents! Luvs, Kacie
ReplyDelete