Saturday, August 8, 2009
The best part of waking up
I am a night owl. There is something in my brain that literally WON'T turn off. The other night I had run out of my sleep aid and I kid you not, I was up until 4 am. This does not work well when you have little kids to tend to in the mornings. Good thing Brendan sleeps in until 9-9:30 still. Addison is sleeping for 6-7 hours a night and then sleeping another 4-5 right after her feeding, putting her wake up time around then also. This is my favorite time. Brendan will come in and wait for her to be done eating and then he likes to talk to her. "Good morning baby sister, do you see brother? Will you smile for big brother?" She will look at him with a wide grin and coo. It makes this damn depression a little better to handle and certainly takes away any guilty feelings of adding a new family member. He loves her so much and it warms my heart to see him interact with his little sister. Let's hope this continues even when she starts touching his Lego's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My brain is the same way. It drives me crazy that Isaac can fall asleep in a few seconds and it takes me at least a half hour of laying in bed trying to shut my brain off. I had a little addiction to Benadryl for a while because it helped me fall asleep. My mom ended up hiding it from me and Caryle. That is cute that Brendan loves his baby sister so much. Doesn't seem to have any jealousy issues that is good.
ReplyDeletethat picture is adorable! I promise you there is NO love like sibling love... how sweet!
ReplyDelete