Friday, March 23, 2012

I knew this day would come

Well, she did it. Addison chopped off a huge chunk of her hair.  Luckily the front was up in a pony tail so she didn't cut bangs.  She cut the left side above her ear and part of that pony tail.  Brendan had left a pair of scissors on the coffee table- which is a totally normal thing- but today Addison tested the power of the blades.  The weird thing is that she cut it, then we went upstairs to change her diaper.  Yes, she is STILL in diapers.  More on that in a minute.  But while we went up the stairs and into her room, it looked like she found a lock of hair and handed it to me "Here go, Mom". 


Last night I went to my friends because she wanted to put a few highlights in front by my face for Spring and while I was there she thinned out my hair.  I remember going into Addison's room after because of course she was still up screaming and I startled her with the foils in my head.  (Deb sent me home to rinse myself.  That's the price for getting free highlights.  It's a great deal!!)  So, in my mind I was thinking that maybe she hadn't brushed out all of the thinned hair, when I went in last night some fell out and Addison had found a lock of it.  It could have happened.

But then she ran her hand through her hair again and MORE came out! I said "Addy, did you cut your hair?" "Yes I did." She stated proudly. So I put down the lock of hair, ran over to her looked at the sight, not really being able to tell where she had cut and saw the blunt cut off of her pony tail. But there had to have been more. That was way to much hair to just be off the end of her pony tail. Then I saw it. The side butch cut.  Not scalped, but a helluva lot shorter than the rest.  I gasped. I ran to my phone and called Deb. Luckily she was in between clients and so I ran over. She is a life saver! She layered her hair, which I had been wanting to do for some time. It makes the curls pop even more. You're not going to be able to notice it too much, but we'll see. 


Deb put in the cutest braid in her bangs and she wore it proudly for the rest of the day. Telling everyone she cut her hair. Which is a big deal because she was terrified of getting her hair cut. The first time she did she screamed the whole time. This time she started screaming, but when Deb started cutting she stopped. She was more interested in watching what was going on in the mirror. Even talking to Deb while she was getting it done. Deb was laying down the law of who cuts hair and who shouldn't. I loved it! I'm really going to need to learn how to do these cute hairdo's for girls.  Deb has four girls and they are always so cute!  She did remind me that she's had eight years of practice. 
Oh yes, she DOES have her hand on her hip.  And yes, Brendan taped his love letter on my mirror where I'm reminded every day of his undying devotion.  I love my kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment