Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Animal prints are in for Spring

The drywall guy showed up today to touch up the loose screws around the house. He wasn't medically licenced to fix the ones in my head, so I gave up asking so many questions. Especially since he mostly spoke Spanish. And by mostly, I mean only. I did a lot of pointing, smiling, following, and more pointing.

He even ended up fixing my towel bar in my master bath that I have been wanting to re-do! He cut out two 4 inch squares, put wood behind it, screw it to new drywall and then mesh, mud and completely cover it! The wood will secure the screws for the towel bar that has four hooks on it and it won't weigh it down! I am so excited!

There are a few places that Jason went through and tagged for when he comes tomorrow to finish up. For now, here is what our house looks like. It's the worst on both staircases.



When I told my sister Kelly that my walls were being decorated like a giraffe she said "Um, is it going to stay like that?"  I told her I should start a new trend in decorating.  I hear it's very in this spring to wear animal prints.  I'll just pretend that until the painters show up in a few more days. 

One thing is for sure- having to examine the walls so closely made me notice how incredibly filthy they are!  Not that I don't have a two year old who thinks touching everything with sticky hands is fun, but this paint SUCKS.  S. U. C. K. to the S.  This is what I wrote to the home warranty department "The paint used in this house is an absolute disaster!  It doesn’t clean up, and it DOESN’T blend well after painting touch ups.  I have roller marks to prove it! (And that was after the professionals did it. I have not touched up one spot.)"  It shows every little touch.  Eggshell finish.  Every one of my neighbors have said how much they are displeased with the paint that the home builder used.  We will be sure to mention that in our wrap up letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment