Thursday, August 25, 2011

The long summer is mostly over

Brendan started the second grade last week.  We were so excited to get back into a routine after such a long summer.  Let me restate that last sentence.  I was so excited to get back into a routine after such a long summer!!

This is his first week at a brand new school.  Now he is getting bussed and doesn't know too many kids that are in his grade.  Like starting Kindergarten all over again, only smarter.  It was bittersweet for me because I wanted to be there for him when he got home, but a few moments after we walked him to the bus stop for the first time (apparently they moved it down the street a little...RATS!) we headed to the airport.  Seems as though school started the same day we were going to Hawaii.  Can't the schools get their schedules right?

Before we left we had to take some pictures!  Brendan wanted to wear his Bumblebee Transformer shirt for his first day.  It was an awesome choice!  In this picture he is gritting his teeth asking me why I am making him stare into the sun.  So we moved indoors.
 Much better!  No mean faces!
 Here we are waiting in line for the bus.  I think this is the time he is getting agitated that his mom acts like she needs 15,000 pictures.  YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!
 I had him turn around to wave when he got up the stairs, but he stood right behind the door- that little turkey!  So you can see him waving.  I guess I shouldn't be too picky!
 Happy to have found a window seat and our next door neighbor sat down right next to him.
 It was going to be a good day.  The sky was beautiful, my son was off to a new adventure and we are getting the heck out of Dodge!

No comments:

Post a Comment