All of this build up for an event of a Kindergartners life! Brendan got the Principal's Pride Award! It was for Terrific Quality Work and Following Directions. They have an awards ceremony and we were to be in our seats by 7:50am. AM folks. I seriously considered having Addison sleep in her clothes until I found out they were still drying. Rats.

Brendan was beaming from ear to ear. The day earlier in the week is when they announced he got it. We told him that he could choose where we went to dinner. He chose Texas Roadhouse. He LOVES that place. Mostly, he loves the rolls. They even gave him a t-shirt because of his reward. How cool is that?
HOORAY FOR BROTHER! As she claps for Brendan.
Along with the certificate he got several free kids meals at various restaurants. Since we were up so dang early we stopped at Kneaders for breakfast and had their chunky cinnamon french toast. We were going to go in for the all you can eat variety, but Addison fell asleep while we were on our way. So, we just did the drive thru. You can tell in this picture that her eyes are getting verrry sleeepppy. Grandma and Grandpa D were there. I am so proud of my little man! He really is a good kid.
Wow, I can't believe you got up that early. Now, you say it's a blessing that Brendan sleeps in but what time does he go to bed? If my kids aren't in bed at 8:30 I go crazy. I wish they went at 8:00!
ReplyDeleteWe have been getting him to bed by 9ish. It actually works for us. The few days that he does get up early he will get sleepy early. He went to bed last night at 8:30. It was weird to have all that time to ourselves. Except for Addison crying all night. Poor thing has a fever and snot all over the place. I wish those teeth would come through already!!!
ReplyDeleteMmmmmm.....Texas Roadhouse rolls! Brendan has great taste!
ReplyDeleteWow that is early. I don't know if I could have done it. He did choose a great place to eat. I love Texas Roadhouse!
ReplyDelete