What do you get when you have a colicy, acid refluxy baby- an overly energetic 5 1/2 year old boy and a woman who really wouldn't care if she didn't get out of bed in the morning?
An overlooked blog. I thought I could handle another baby with acid reflux. At least with Brendan we found a prescription that actually worked. Addison did not respond to any drugs other than that they are giving her constipation which is making things 100 times worse than before. I have found a very good alternative medicine online that seems to be helping the reflux, but she is still backed up. TMI- I know. But that is my life right now. I am trying everything I know how to do, including eating the most bland food on the planet. I think I have toast for every meal. Still, she throws up every time after she eats and then cries for a while. I cry with her most times because I feel so bad. That, and I am tired of the crying! Brendan said to me a few weeks ago "Mom, how come we can't have a baby that doesn't cry all the time?" He still loves his baby sister and tries his hardest to help her when she does cry. He also tells me what she needs as far as why she is crying. It's pretty cute, really.
Why is he holding up his finger, you ask? To annoy his mother. He's just like his father.

At first you'll look at this picture and say-"Oh, she is SO CUTE!"- and you'll be right. But if you look closer you will see a little girl who turns over on her side and arches her back so much because she has acid reflux. And then you think- "Oh, that is sad- but still SO CUTE!"

Always has her hands right by her face. I just think of all the times I almost peed my pants because she would punch my bladder.
I feel for you... my last two babies have had the same problems. I finally stopped nursing at 6 weeks and put Ross on similac alimentum (I swear it's the most expensive formula made) but within one week he was a completely different baby! It saved my life :) -and the reflux went away!
ReplyDeleteHang tough missy:) You have beautiful babies... And honestly, if you think its bad now- yeah...they grow up! Keep your arms and legs in at all times, hold on, and have fun!!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, girl! You will find your groove any day now :)
ReplyDeleteOk, ok, I'm calling the Chiropractor tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteMy youngest, sweet baby girl was SO colicky, fussy and she had acid reflux. We spent the first couple weeks of her life at PCMC and I had some serious PPD with her. One of the best things anyone told me was it was ok to let her cry- if you know she is safe, it's ok to take a minute to breathe. But I was in SO much denial, so it's GOOD to talk about it, and I think venting and talking to others helps. I know you have lots of friends and family close by to help out too-- let them!! And if you need a late night outing once kiddies are down- I'd love to come treat ya sometime! Hang in there, and isn't it GOOD that they are SO cute? :) It's worth it.
ReplyDelete