Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Finishing off her food

I made steak for dinner tonight.  A rarity, I assure you.  Addison eats plays with her food with some of that winding up in her mouth.  And she is always eating something!  I finally had to put a child knob lock on the pantry door because it was becoming her personal snack bar.  I'd literally find wrappers, sticky gummy fruit snacks, chewed up granola and slobber all over the house without me knowing about it.  At least now I know about it before it is going to happen.  This girl does not know how to eat without it getting all over the place. She drools like crazy, uses her hands instead of utensils and often dips her food in her drink, providing it isn't one that only comes with a little straw.  Not only food, but if she is wearing a fancy necklace or sees something on the counter that looks like it would be fun to dip into the drink- then by golly, that's where it will go.

I am not afraid of her starving to death. She lit-rilly has something in her mouth at all times. So tonight after leaving her to finish her dinner in her seat belted booster I come back and all of her steak is gone. Now, I didn't give her that much because I figured she really wouldn't eat it. She also had eaten all of her carrots.  Aside from the finger painting milk all over the counter, I say she did pretty good.  And then I found it....


The steak and carrots hidden in the milk.  Don't other kids feed the dog?  I'm sure Bentley was just waiting for her to drop him a bite!!!  What a stinker!  After I find this I ask go ask her if she ate all her meat. "No, I put in milk!  See?" As she climbs up to show me as if so proud she was cleaver enough to hide it there.  Back to sippy cups for you little missy!

No comments:

Post a Comment