Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

This was Brendan's first year to be in the school Halloween parade! Not being able to wear masks or hats OR bring blasters or guns made for Brendan's Jango Fett costume look pretty plain. However, I did see tons of kids wearing such contraband, and makes me gear up for a rebellion next year. And no, I didn't dress Addison up for the school parade. I know, minus 10 points for me.

Out of 50 shots, this is the only one that turned out!

Secondly- (not that I had a firstly) MY CAMERA *'ES BROKEN'! The flash doesn't pop up anymore. Not manually or automatically. I'm going to have to send it in to get fixed and I am not happy about that. It is a year ago this month that I bought it, so hopefully it's covered under warranty. I think that's why it's not taking very good pictures lately. Good thing I have my old camera still to be able to take pictures during the holidays. Having to get Addison to sit still for those pictures, however, will be near impossible.

* Es Broken comes from my parents trip to Mexico one year and they wouldn't accept a dollar bill from them because there was a slight tear in it. "Es Broken!" they said. So anytime I say that now, you will know to read it with a Spanish accent. But I digress...

Halloween this year was really rainy. It made for a really poor turnout this year. And by poor turnout, I mean only seven people came to our house instead of twelve. Out of those seven, three were not teenagers. Did I mention that this neighborhood doesn't have kids?? I opted to stay home with Addison instead of taking her out trick-or-treating. It was just too dang cold! She was very upset that Dad and Brendan left without her though and stood at the door screaming.

Jango Fett the bounty Hunter.

In this picture she is crying because Brendan is trying to hold her still. Although before I had to hide her costume she would wear the headdress that came with this costume, she refused to wear it for any pictures. Maybe if I leave it laying around for a few days she'll have me put it back on and then I'll take her picture. She is adorable as Queen Amidala!Then, of course, we had our Annual Nigbur Halloween Party. I finally got Jason to dress up this year by buying him a gorilla costume he has been wanting for 100 years. My poor little 2 year old nephew thought the world was coming to an end. SORRY SAM!! Yes, I did dress up. I wore my 80's gear. I even had big black hoop earings that I actually wore in the 80's. I have a jewelry box full of old jewelry. Hey- it came in handy!

Addison loves the gorilla. She will actually take the mask to have Jason put it on. She loves him!

There is the cookie decorating! Brendan's favorite part of the party- the donut game! This year he didn't have his front teeth to help him out! Addison loved the donut game too! She would run over, take a bite then leave. Repeat. Little Sam in the background still leary of Jason- even though he only has the feet still on.

Now to think of costumes for next year! Brendan actually has his costumes picked out for the next 5 years. I guess Jason does too. The gorilla is gonna last us a long time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little disappointed you didn't post any pictures of you and Jason. Get them up there! (or email one to me so I can see it!)

    ReplyDelete